Brush Up On How to Treat a White Tongue
Are you embarrassed by your bad breath, white tongue, or coated tongue and unsure of how to treat these troubles? Find the answers to all of those ailments and move past all of these problems.
Problems with Your Tongue
If you’ve noticed that you have bad breath, a white tongue, or a coated tongue, you may not know how to handle these dental dilemmas. You may be feeling frustration and fear, but there is probably nothing to worry about because these conditions are very normal. The following typically causes bad breath, white tongue, and coated tongue:
- Food particles and bacteria trapped in the teeth and on the tongue
- Poor dental hygiene
- Plaque buildup
- Side effects of certain medications
- Alcohol use
- Tobacco use
- Certain medical conditions
Improve These Conditions by Brushing Your Tongue
While there are various possible causes, the most common reason for bad breath, white tongue, and coated tongue is a buildup of plaque on the teeth and tongue. This plaque encourages bacteria to grow, which leads to the problems of bad breath, white tongue and coated tongue. To improve these conditions, you need to remove this plaque on a regular basis. This is why you should brush your tongue and teeth at least twice a day. Why should you brush your tongue? It’s the easiest way to cut down that plaque buildup. Now that you know why you should brush your tongue and teeth, follow these brushing basics.
Brushing Your Teeth Correctly:
- Brush at least twice a day.
- Clean all tooth surfaces to remove stains and hidden plaque.
- Choose fluoride toothpaste.
- Use a gentle touch.
Brush Your Tongue Properly:
- Use a tongue scraper or your toothbrush to clean your tongue.
- Place a small amount of toothpaste or mouthwash on the brush or scraper.
- If you use your toothbrush, always rinse and dry it well before brushing your tongue with it.
- Gently brush your tongue from back to front.
- Conclude your dental hygiene regimen by rinsing with mouthwash.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Crown Point, call Wadas Dental of Crown Point today at (219) 488-2610 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Crown Point offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Crown Point. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Crown Point, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Crown Point.