Dental Dos and Don’ts To Handle Halitosis
If you have bad breath, you may have halitosis. It may be a common condition, but you don’t need to face its consequences. Simply try these tips to beat bad breath.
Get Rid of Bad Breath for Good
Halitosis is hard to live with, but it can be very easy to treat. According to family dentistry specialists, bad breath can be completely reversed with proper dental hygiene, prevention of dental decay, and lowering risk factors for gum disease. Follow these simple tips to stop bad breath from bothering you:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, but preferably after every meal and snack.
- Replace your tooth brush every three to four months.
- Floss every day to remove food particles and plaque hidden within teeth and gums.
- Brush your tongue to eliminate any built-up bacteria.
- Avoid dry mouth by avoiding smoking while regularly drinking water. If you have chronic dry mouth, ask an affordable dentist about medication.
- See an affordable dentist at least twice a year for check-ups and cleanings.
Additional Treatments for Halitosis
If these tips don’t help you beat bad breath, family dentistry experts suggest these stronger treatments:
- Try a special toothpaste to fight heavy oral bacteria build-up on teeth.
- Treat any dental decay or gum disease, because these problems lead to deep pockets in gums that hide odorous bacteria.
- Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash to kill bacteria on your gums, tongue and throughout your mouth.
- Tell your family dentistry specialist about your medical conditions and medications to see if they’re contributing to the problem.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Crown Point, call Wadas Dental of Crown Point today at (219) 488-2610 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Crown Point offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Crown Point. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Crown Point, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Crown Point.