Answers to Common Questions About Tooth Sensitivity
When you don’t know how to help sensitive teeth feel better, eating hot and cold foods or even routine dental care can be excruciating. Sensitive teeth and gums can be caused by cracked or chipped teeth, tooth decay, worn enamel, exposed roots, irritated nerves, tooth whitening products, and even dental procedures.
Fortunately, the condition is treatable regardless of its cause. The following recommendations can help answer your questions about how to help sensitive teeth.
- Brush twice a day with a soft toothbrush.
- Avoid brushing your teeth too hard or too often.
- Try over-the-counter desensitizing toothpastes, which can often help block the pain associated with tooth sensitivity.
- Limit acidic beverages and foods such as carbonated drinks, citrus fruits, yogurt, and wine, and brush immediately after consuming them. When you can’t avoid acidic beverages, use a straw to reduce direct contact with tooth surfaces.
- Ask your dental care experts about using a fluoride mouthwash or having professional fluoride treatments.
- If you grind your teeth at night, ask your dentist in Crown Point about using a mouth guard.
If tooth decay or a cracked tooth cause sensitive teeth and gums, professional dental care will be required. If home remedies fail, see your dentist as soon as possible. Professional treatments by a dentist include application of dental sealants to cover exposed roots of sensitive teeth and root canal treatments in cases where extensive damage is present.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Crown Point, call Wadas Dental of Crown Point today at (219) 488-2610 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Crown Point offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Crown Point. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Crown Point, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Crown Point.