Dental Care Check – Are You Brushing the Right Way?
Great dental care starts with a toothbrush. For a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums, brush at least twice every day. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush that is the right size and shape for your mouth. Choosing an appropriate brush ensures that you can reach all areas of your mouth easily. After three or four months of use, discard your old toothbrush and use a new one. Worn or frayed bristles can no longer clean your teeth properly. When choosing your toothpaste, look for the ADA seal of approval.
Brushing Your Teeth the Right Way
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your gums and brush back and forth gently, using short tooth-wide or circular strokes
- Tilt your toothbrush and use up-and-down strokes to clean the inside surfaces of your front teeth
- Brush every tooth surface, including the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces
- To keep your breath smelling fresh and eliminate bacteria, brush your tongue
Proper Dental Care Goes Beyond Brushing
Brushing alone is not enough to ensure optimal dental health. Dentists say that you should include the following measures in your dental care routine:
- Clean between your teeth and under the gum line every day using dental floss or an interdental cleaner to remove plaque and bacteria your toothbrush can’t reach.
- When possible, brush immediately after eating starchy or sugary snacks.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious diet
- Limit snacks between meals
Schedule Regular Appointments with An Affordable Dentist in Crown Point
Dentists can identify any early problems before they become serious, and recommend products and procedures that can help you protect your smile. You should also schedule professional cleanings with your dental hygienist at least once a year. If you haven’t had a dental exam in a while, schedule one now.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Crown Point, call Wadas Dental of Crown Point today at (219) 488-2610 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Crown Point offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Crown Point. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Crown Point, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Crown Point.