Stop Tooth Sensitivity Cold
If cold foods and drinks create burning sensations in teeth, then you’re facing the common condition of tooth sensitivity to cold. There’s no need to get hot and bothered. Now you can learn about causes and discover the best dental care treatments.
Biting Cold Conditions
There are many different reasons why your teeth twinge when exposed to cold. The most common sensitive teeth causes are oral health and poor dental care habits. But the only way to find your cause is to have an examination by a dentist. You can expect that it’s one of these dental dilemmas:
- Tooth decay near the gum line
- Gingivitis or more severe stages of gum disease
- Cracked, chipped, or fractured teeth
- Teeth grinding and clenching
- Improperly fitting fillings or crowns
- Harsh brushing
- Abrasive toothpastes
- Highly acidic foods and beverages
The Hot Ticket for Treatment
Once you know your sensitive teeth causes, you can focus on fixing the problem. Try these dental care tips and techniques to give tooth sensitivity the cold shoulder:
- Maintain good dental care habits with regular brushing, flossing, and check-ups
- Try a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Brush your teeth very gently, yet thoroughly
- Use a desensitizing toothpaste
- Correct dental problems to prevent long-term damage
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Crown Point, call Wadas Dental of Crown Point today at (219) 488-2610 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Crown Point offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Crown Point. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Crown Point, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Crown Point.